OCD, as known as an obsessive-compulsive disorder this is a dangerous mental illness, in which a person feels obsessions and compulsion.
Like an obsession, he might have unwanted thoughts about dirt, disease, terrible things, sex, violence, and religious themes. This somehow destroys the inner peace of a person in which he lost control over his thoughts and ends up thinking something terrible and immoral.
As compulsion he feels overwhelming urges and needs to do cleaning, praying and counting.
Symptoms of OCD:
- Unwanted thoughts and mental images.
- Feeling a constant urge to do cleaning the belongings.
- Feeling uncomfortable if things get out of order.
- Constantly needing reassurance.
- Feeling obsession with the rituals and routine to follow daily.
- Unable to stop thinking knowing the irrationality of the thoughts.
- Repeating word, counting and continuous praying.
Psychologists do several therapies and treatments to fix this disorder and get back your life back to normal.